44 2033180199
All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.
Journal of Plant Biology and Agriculture Sciences

Sign up for email alert when new content gets added: Sign up

Investigate higeher value share for farmers of Manadarin (orange) in Nagpur district, India

Author(s): Bablu K. Chaudhari

Thirty six mandarin producers were randomly selected from 6 major mandarin producing towns in Nagpur district. Data was gathered using structure questionnaires which focused on mandarin quality requirements, price determination of mandarin, constraints in mandarin business and source of information. Other stakeholder were interviewed including two commission agents, one retailer, two government officers and one NRCC director. The chain map was used to analyze the mandarin chain.

My research study revealed that there was only one marketing channel or system where mandarin farmers used as mandarin market. In the study area main actors were producing, collecting, trading, retailing and consuming. 95% of the producers sold their mandarin through contractor to commission agent and remaining 5% were sold directly to vendors, it’s because farmers didn’t know about marketing and target market, the main reasons was that commission agents knew the market and have a good relation with traders and wholesalers. The result of the study revealed that 80% farmers were producing 18-20 ton/ha and all mandarin sold through commission agent. Quality of mandarin was checking at APMC market by C.A, indicators of mandarin quality namely semi hard jacket, shape and size according to grade A, B, C and D.

However 95% of the producers had their mandarin price determined by C.A. In addition to that 95% producers were full of dissatisfied with the price of mandarin that was being offered by contractor. My research revealed that opted study are six in Nagpur district 65% of mandarin producers were living in between 50-60 kilometer from APMC market, this had affected the mandarin quality and price. More the distance lower the price because travelling distance affect on quality of mandarin, 45% of mandarin producers got information about all technical services from NVYSS (NGO). The information obtain were mainly disease control, price and quality of mandarin. In APMC, have  no cold storage facilities, no grading and packaging unit which directly affect on mandarin quality and its leads to low profit share for farmers.

 


PDF
 
Google scholar citation report
Citations : 22

Journal of Plant Biology and Agriculture Sciences received 22 citations as per google scholar report

Top