Sign up for email alert when new content gets added: Sign up
During this session the speaker will:
• Discuss various patient overdoses which may present in the emergency and critical care settings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Describe subtle, can’t miss clues to lethal overdoses, including acute mental status changes, respiratory distress, and metabolic acid-base derangements.
• Discuss current management and treatment strategies for a variety of poisoning cases during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Describe criteria used in choosing one treatment over another for managing a variety of overdosed patients
• Review principles of toxicology including reduction of toxin exposure and absorption; increasing drug elimination; supportive care measures; and specific therapies such as life-saving antidotes.
• Identify agents that are currently being marketed to treat COVID-19 disease and their associated adverse effects and toxicities.