44 2033180199
All submissions of the EM system will be redirected to Online Manuscript Submission System. Authors are requested to submit articles directly to Online Manuscript Submission System of respective journal.
Editorial office, Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, UK


  • Opinion   
    Boys with Gender Identity Disorder: A Follow-Up Study
    Author(s): Suzzane James*

    This study presents follow-up information on gender identity and sexual orientation for the largest group of boys clinic-referred for gender dysphoria (n=139). The boys were first evaluated when they were children, when they were a mean age of 7.49 years (range, 3.33–12.99), in a mean year of 1989, and then they were reassessed when they were a mean age of 20.58 years (range, 13.07–39.15), in a mean year of 2002. In terms of gender identity disorder in childhood, 88 (63.3%) of the males satisfied the DSM-III, III-R, or IV criteria, while the remainder, 51 (36.7%), fell below the threshold. At the follow-up, participants' gender identity/dysphoria was evaluated using a variety of techniques, and they were divided into persisters and desisters. Both fantasy and behaviour were assessed for sexual orientation, which was then classified as either biphilic/androphilic or gyn.. Read More»
    DOI: 10.37532/puljcap.2022.6(5);30-31.

Google Scholar citation report
Citations : 34

Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry received 34 citations as per Google Scholar report

Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry peer review process verified at publons
Global Tech Summit Top