Sign up for email alert when new content gets added: Sign up
Objective: A number of encouraging research research have shown the importance of nutritional approach on the way to defend the brain health. Here we gift the efficacy of a each day management of a unique complex mixture of liposomal omega 3 fatty acids and liposomal antioxidants (cogniXtra) as a neuroprotective remedy on early symptoms of Alzheimer’s sickness (AD) mouse model. Methods: Mice were dealt with in line with os once a day with various mixtures of liposomal vitamins consisting of Docosa Hexaenoic Acid (DHA), Glutathione (GSH) Curcumin (CUR) and Resveratrol (RES) which includes the special mixture cogniXtra (GSH + CUR + RES + DHA) 20 days before and seven days after the onset of the neurotoxicity induced via a imperative injection of amyloid-beta 25-35 (Aβ25-35)-oligomeric peptide. Protection towards the neurotoxicity of Aβ25-35 turned into assessed wearing out two conduct exams comparing short-time period memory (Y-maze) and long-time period reminiscence (step via passive avoidance test (STPA) and the dimension of a key brain biomarker, Lipid Peroxidation (LPO).
Results: Our present studies demonstrates the significance of a accurate affiliation of the different materials as the remedy with each of them on my own became unable to provide any protection from the poisonous consequences produced by using Aβ25-35 injection. CogniXtra formula combining all of the components turned into the only one capable of reverse completely all the reminiscence deficits both within the Y-maze and in the STPA exams and additionally to completely shield from oxidative stress as demonstrated via the important LPO elevation measured within the hippocampus. Conclusions: This finding indicates that a combination therapy (cogniXtra) conducted for thirty consecutive days induces a full neuroprotective effect at the neurotoxic consequences resulting from the injection of Aβ25-35 oligomeric peptide. The efficacy of a preventive remedy with cogniXtra on this preclinical model is similar to what can be finished with different pharmacological approaches. These consequences strongly endorse the therapeutic hobby of cogniXtra for the preventive treatment of AD.
1. Belkouch M et al. (2016) The pleiotropic results of omega-3 docosahexaenoic acid on the hallmarks of Alzheimer's sickness. J. Nutr. Biochem. 38:1-11.
2. Chumakov I et al. Combining two repurposed drugs as a promising method for Alzheimer's disease therapy. Scientific Reports. 5:7608.
3. Detrait E et al. (2014) Lack of synaptic vesicle protein SV2B protects in opposition to amyloid-beta(2)(5)(-)(three)(5)-triggered oxidative Francois J Roman Amylgen, France Journal of Nutrition & Food Sciences Volume 8 ISSN: 2155-9600 stress, cholinergic deficit and cognitive impairment in mice. Behavioural Brain Research. 271:277-285.
4. Lahmy V et al. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience. eight:463.
5. Mazzanti G and Di Giacomo S Curcumin and resveratrol in the control of cognitive disorders: what's the scientific evidence? Molecules. 21(9).Pii:E1243.